I am honored to have animal lovers like Tim Handrof reading my blogs. Tim emailed me - informing me about a post he had published on his own blog - Best Colleges Online. After reading his post on 10 Amazing Zoos... I found it really cool, and as interesting as he said it was! I decided to re-post it, and already emailed back Tim, that I would publish the post on my blog. Here's the Top 10 Zoos of the World!
10) Disney's Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando, Florida, is one of the most renowned park of its kind. Home to over 1,700 animals from 250 distinctive species, Disney's Animal Kingdom - the world's largest animal-themed park spans across 500 acres of amazingly refreshing landscape! Disney's Animal Kingdom Park in Orlando, Florida, is one of the most renowned park of its kind.The Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, one of 4 Theme Parks at Walt Disney World Resort, and is a powerhouse for education, adventures and fun for kids. This animal park mirrors Walt Disney's dedication towards conservation of animal species and nature.
9) Tiergarten Schonnbrunn Zoo at Vienna, Austria, is the world's oldest known zoo. This oh-so-popular zoo is provides safe shelter to more than 500 animal species, including very talked about giant panda, and caertain endangered species such as jaguars, Siberian tigers, koalas and so on... The Tiergarten Schonnbrunn Zoo also has a rich historical background. Emperor Francis Stephen of Lorraine (1708-1765) founded the Schönbrunn Zoo in the year 1752. Currently this animal park exhibits an incredible collection of amazing specimens from the animal kingdom, including the rare South American giant anteater, capybara, lowland-tapir and seriema.
8) Columbus Zoo is located at 4850 West Powell Rd. | Powell OH 43065. This amazing animal park is one of the best spots for animal lovers. The park is directed by famous zookeeper Jack Hanna, and is full of many exciting exhibits, featuring over rare and common 7,000 animals including Mammals, Fish, Amphibians, Birds and Reptiles. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is officially partnered with some of the well organized hotels around its vicinity.
7) Zoo Praha is again another great place that you cannot afford to miss out if you are an animal lover. Located in Prague, Czech Republic, this park also has a rich history spanning back to 1881, when an appeal to establish a zoological garden in Prague was published in the newspapers by count Sweerts-Spork on the occasion of the marriage of prince Rudolph and princess Stephanie of Belgium. This 111-acre park is a cool shelter for over 4,600 animals including around 630 species from across the globe.
6) The Phoenix Zoo has been rated as the top 5 best zoos for kids. There are around 1200 animals in this zoo. With a total area of 125-acre this park exhibits some of the most fascinating animals. There are around 20 hotels with 20 miles of the Phoenix Zoo. The Zoo is located in the heart of the Valley, and there are so much for kids to do and watch.
5) Singapore Zoo is a 70-acre rainforest-inspired facility. The zoo has used hidden barriers to create an open and natural environment with streams, moats and lush vegetation. This is the world's most famous "open concept” animal park that reveals opportunities to explore and experience certain unspoken wonders of the nature. The Singapore Zoo is a safe shelter for over 2,500 animals from 316 species, 36% of which are endangered.
4) Bronx Zoo in New York City is the home for around 600 species, including several endangered animals. The most talked about Siberian tigers, rare snow leopard, Congo gorilla, and crocodiles can be watched within your close vicinity. Sprawling across 265-acre this animal park exhibis the world's largest man-made rainforest forest that reveals an opportunity to interact with the multicolored butterflies and wild Madagascar.
3) San Diego Zoo is a 100-acre facility revealing opportunities to come close to over 4,000 animals from 800 species. One interesting fact about the San Diego zoo is that it is one of the few zoos that house giant pandas. Alike Singapore Zoo, this animal park also has promoted the idea of "cageless" or "open concept” exhibits that feature several endangered and threatened species.
2) Smithsonian National Zoological Park, which is commonly known as the National Zoo in Washington, DC, is another amazing animal park that houses over 2,000 animals from 400 distinctive species, including several endangered ones. Spring is the busiest season at the Smithsonian National Zoological Park. The most important of all facts about the Smithsonian’s National Zoo is that it is free and open every day throughout the year, except December 25. The timings are April–October -- Animal exhibits are open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day AND November–March -- Animal exhibits are open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every day.
1) Audubon Zoo at Forget Bourbon Street is quite famous and is a must see spot for animal lovers visiting New Orleans. This wonderful animal park is home for gorillas, orangutans, leopards, white tigers, Komodo dragon and an incredibly wide varieties of snakes. Audubon Zoo is Open: Tuesday - Sunday (10am - 5pm). Audubon Center of Research of Endangered Species is a 36,000 square-foot modern research arena that s fully dedicated to developing reproductive and veterinary technologies to benefit endangered wildlife.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Yellow Head Goby Fish
Description: Goby is actually the largest single family of the salt water fish. This beautiful marine fish is one of the most beautiful members of a marine aquarium. The Yellow head Goby fish is one of the most amazing members amongst the goby group that have been widely admired by the advanced hobbyists. Amongst some the most loveable marine fishes the yellow head goby is the most popular breeds of fish. Often seen in pair the Yellow head Goby fish gives a special fervor to the beauty of the aquarium. Plenty of hiding places should be provided to them. They love to stay on sand bed or rubble flats in clear lagoons. They also prefer seaward reefs. At maturity a well maintained yellow head goby can reach up to 7 to 8 centimeters long. Their vibrant head color, unusual dorsal fin, interesting behavior, and unique appearances, make the yellow head goby an intriguing captives of your marine tank. While resting the yellow head gobies tend to be in a stiff and straight position.
Environment: Yellow Head Goby thrives best in temperatures between 75 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. The water pH value should range between of 8.3 or 8.4 and the specific gravity should be between 1.020 and 1.025.
Feeding: Yellow head Goby eats small organisms, fishes and fish eggs.
Behavior: Being relative non-aggressive these fishes have cool temperament. They have been known to jump out of the aquarium, which is why it is advisable to keep the lid of the tank closed. This is a natural behavior which should be encouraged by using a loose substrates which should not be too fine, or too hard nor it’s edge should be too sharp.
Compatibility: These fishes are relatively non-aggressive. They are compatible with all the other members of Goby group. They can be kept with other non aggressive marine fishes. More than one yellow head gobies are recommended because they love to live in pair. Aggressive and very fast moving fishes can be stress to this beautiful marine creature.